You may only apply retroactively for a TUE if:
- Your competition level permits (i.e., you are not an International-Level Athlete as defined by your IF nor a National-Level Athlete as defined by your NADO; or
- An emergency or urgent treatment of a medical condition was necessary; or
- Due to exceptional circumstances, you had insufficient time or opportunity to submit, (or for the TUEC to consider), your application prior to sample collection; or
- It is agreed, by WADA and your NADO that fairness requires the grant of a retroactive TUE.
- Using a prohibited substance before being granted a TUE could result in an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) and a potential Anti-doping rule violation (ADRV).
- In case an application for a retroactive TUE is necessary following sample collection, you are strongly advised to have a medical file prepared and ready to submit for evaluation.